Monday, February 11, 2013

Mushroom Dogs

I have a recipe that has been submitted to the Taps family cookbook. My sister is a paranormal investigator and part of the Taps family. Besides art, I also enjoy cooking and even ghost hunting when I get the chance.

Here is one of my weirder things that actually turned out very good. (Not the recipe in the cook book).

Sauteed Mushroom and celery dogs.

I broiled the hot dogs and lightly toasted the buns.

I sauteed Celery and sliced mushrooms in vegetable oil with a little salt and pepper. I then added the green onions at the end of the saute process and then used it as my toppings. I tried to keep the celery bun length, so you get a slight bite when eating them. This was very delicious and a great experiment trying to amp up the modern hot dog. There were no extra condiments needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment